MCD Biology As A Major
The College of Arts and Sciences offers four undergraduate biology related programs. These areas of study collectively span the range of biological systems from global ecology to the chemical properties of the molecules of life.
- Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology (MCDB)
- Learn how living systems operate at the cellular and molecular levels of organization, their assembly and structure, with heavy emphasis on genetic information and regulation, including embryonic development.
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EBIO)
- The study of ecosystems and the evolutionary history of life on Earth.
- Integrative Physiology (IPHY)
- Integrative Physiology provides an outstanding foundation for future doctors and nurses, and a firm basis for varied health professions and pursuits.
- Biochemistry major in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (BCHM)
- The study of the structure, composition, and chemical reactions of substances in living systems.